About CHEP Good Food Inc.
CHEP works with children, families and communities to improve access to good food and promote food security.
CHEP believes that food is a basic right and that a community development approach that brings people together around good food is necessary to fulfill our mission.
CHEP's vision is for a food secure community. This is defined as a situation both globally and locally in which:
- Everyone has assured access to adequate, appropriate and personally acceptable food in a way that promotes health, respect and dignity;
- People are able to earn a living wage by growing, producing, processing, handling, retailing and serving food;
- The quality of land, air, and water is maintained and enhanced for future generations; and,
- Food is celebrated as central to community and cultural integrity.
Goals of the Organization
The five goals that we aim to meet through our programs are:
- To improve access to healthy affordable food;
- To support people and communities in developing skills and building capacity;
- To work towards a sustainable food system;
- To develop and nurture strong partnerships; and,
- To develop sustainable social enterprise ventures that support our vision.
If you have any questions, come on by and visit us --
we're in the Station 20 West Community Enterprise Building:
204, 1120 - 20th Street West
Saskatoon, SK S7M 0Y8
- CHEP Annual Report 2016.pdf
- See how CHEP inspired Marie Graham
- Talk Radio Interview with Gord Androsoff and Susan Whiting
- Click to listen
Board of Directors, Sponsors and Make a Donation
- Children’s Nutrition
- Infant Nutrition
- Kids Kitchens
- Nutrition Positive
- Buffet / Salad Bars
- The Big Crunch
- Community Gardening
- Backyard Gardening Program
- Seniors Stores
- Social Enterprise / Urban Agriculture
- Community Markets
- Community Outreach
- Calendar of Upcoming Events